Friday 9 November 2012

Clockwork Dolls by William Meikle

Clockwork DollsPublication Date: 29/01/2013
Publisher: DarkFuse
Pages: 152
Genre: Horror/Mystery/Thriller
Target Audience: Adults

Synopsis: Does all human passion, all memory, all imagination come merely from the chemistry in our brains, like the movements of a clock follow from the arrangement of its cogs and wheels?

Are we just clockwork dolls? 

Or is there an organizing principle at work, something we can ask for answers to the important questions of existence... something that might answer? 

Dave Burns has asked. 

Now he, and his friends, might not live long enough to understand the reply.

My Review: Netgalley doesn't class this as horror. I disagree. It scared the crap out of me in more ways than one. I'm going to keep this review spoiler free so as not to ruin the affect for future readers because this is one short story you don't want to miss.

Is it really possible to ask the Cosmos for something and actually have it granted? well it does in this novel and with devastating consequences.  This is so well written I was creeped out by every twist and turn and every time something unexpected happened I felt like the bottom of my stomach dropped about a foot.

I never thought that such a short novel could have such a huge impact, not only on my emotions but also on my ideas of God, the Universe and Fate.  This is a thought provoker if ever there was one. Though be warned the main character is a bit erm annoying at first but I did warm to him.

Anyway read this when it's released. It's totally mind blowing.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...