Wednesday 22 May 2013

This post doesn't get a title...cos I didn't know what to put

I've been trying to write this post for a long time now, and it has nothing to do with reviewing a book but is more of an explanation as to why I'm not posting much anymore.
I debated hugely whether to explain to everyone at all because part of me thinks it's really doesn't matter and the other part of me thinks I owe the people who read this a bit of an explanation to my absence.  So here goes.

For the past four years I have been mostly visually impaired in my right eye due to a condition called a Central Retinal Vein Occlusion.  The shortened explanation is that I suffered a clot in my retinal vein causing a bleed and damaging my retina.
I had come to terms with this and my other eye made up for the loss after a while (though it was hilarious watching me jump at shadows on my right side cos i think I see things).

Back in December though, my other eye started showing similar symptoms (though nowhere near as bad), and though the worst might never happen and I may have full use of my remaining good eye for life, I am no longer reading as much or spending much time on the computer at all to avoid straining my eyes.
It's based on this that I have made the decision to no longer post on here.

Having said that, I won't be shutting off my blog completely so people will still be able to read my past posts.
Anyway, I want to thank everyone who's ever read my blog, posted comments and also to the authors whose books I have reviewed on here and given me some epic stories to read.

Much love to you all

Leanne :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...